THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Who would win in a fight between T-Rex and Darth Vader???

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dice-K and Japan win the WBC.... again!

So, at first, I was upset about the fact that team USA didn't make it to the final, losing to the defending champions, Japan. Even if USA would have beat Japan in the semis, I don't know how they would hold up against Korea, who seemed amazing this year. Anyway... in the end, I was actually happy to see Japan win, but mostly because Daisuke Matsuzaka was once again, the MVP of the World Baseball Classic. This sits well with me, him being a Red Sox starter and all. I see greatness in his future with the Sox. I mean, my most standards, Dice-K has already proven himself as a great pitcher on many occassions, but I think that his standards and those of the AL East and Red Sox, are generally higher. I am hoping for another great year on-top the Boston pitcher's mound, not just from Dice-K, but from the entire pitching staff and bullpen. With solid starts from Beckett all Spring long, and Dice-K winning the classic, and Lester and Pap both getting extensions, I think things are set for another great year. Some of the question marks though.... Wakefield and the elusive fifth starter????? Will it be Bucholz, Penny, or (eventually) Smoltz???? It has got to be one of those 3 guys... I can't imagine they would move Masterson, but who knows... Anyway... Congrats to team Japan and congrats to Dice-K for being the ONLY champtions in World Baseball Classic history.

0 comments: