THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Who would win in a fight between T-Rex and Darth Vader???

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hit the lights!!!!

So, I arrived at Red Land High School this morning around the same time I always do (6:58am) and proceed to walk towards the door I usually enter at. I pass another entrance on the way to my usual one and another teacher is holding the door open for me, so I enter there. I didn't think much of it, just a nice gesture, but then I notice that the hallways in the school appear to be rather dark. Anyway, I started walking towards the room with the coffee makers in them, hoping to get some coffee... ugh! No coffee. It was then that I finally realized, uh, the power is out. HAHA, I must not have been totally awake yet. I proceeded to the office and they wanted help corralling students into the auditorium. The next thing I know, one of the principals was asking me to pull bathroom duty with a flashlight... basically, since there are no windows in the bathrooms, they were pitch black dark... so, I stood by the boys bathroom on the second floor and held a flashlight for any boy that needed to use it... Today was much more like babysitting rather then teaching... I saw my first class and that was it, only for about 50 minutes and then they were sent home by 10am. Needless to say, right around that time, the power kicked back on, and no us teachers are here for the rest of the day working on curriculum writing and other logistical stuff... ugh... it makes the day go so slow...

Anyway, as soon as I realized the power was out... I don'tknow why, but I kept thinking of the song "Hit the Lights" by Metallica... totally b.a....

2 comments:

Stockard said...

No life till leather,
We're gonna kick some ass tonight!
We got the metal madness,
When our fans start screaming it's right...well alright, yeah!
When we start to rock we never...want to stop again!

Hit the lights!
Hit the lights!
Hit the lights!

J.Washburn said...

They need to re-release Kill Em All, but release it as Metal Up Your Ass.