THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Who would win in a fight between T-Rex and Darth Vader???

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Washburn's Top 5 of the Day

PROLOGUE:
Just so you know... I am such a slut for countdowns and rankings. I don't know why, but whenever say VH1 has on one of those stupid countdowns like... "The Top 100 Craziest Moments in Heavy Metal History" or "The 50 Sexiest Bitches of 2006" I just gotta know what is number one... So, with this spirit of countdown intrigue in mind, I decided to start my own random countdowns... Mine are only Top 5, but I hope they will provide you with an insight to my thinking, and also a few chuckles.

Without further delay... The first of Washburn's Top 5 of the Day...

The Top 5 Beers (That I Would Willingly Fork Over My Hard-Earned Cash For) are...
#5 -
Pacifico Clara. I love this beer, and not just at the beach. I enjoy a lot of Mexican beers, and while Negro Madello ranks up there, Pacifico is the most enjoyable to me. It isn't too expensive, and it goes down easily. I could drink Pacifico at any time and be satisfied. It's an "everyday, allday" kind of brew.

#4 - Miller High Life. The High Life; AKA, The Champagne of Beers. This one holds a special place in my heart, as it was the very first beer that I LEGALLY drank. I was at this really crappy restaurant in Harrisburg for my birthday, and the beer selection was pretty skimpy, so High Life stood out like a golden God amongst the likes of Bud Light and Coors. Ever since, I have no problems buying a case now and again. Plus, Jen likes it, so it is a beer we can agree upon.

#3 - Rouge Shakespeare Stout. This beer is so awesome. So dark, roasty, and toasty. It is a senses explosion. Lots of flavor. You can't drink it too quickly, nor would you want to. It is to be savored. This is what stout is supposed to be... thick, complex, dark, roasty, and most of all, hearty. Just like the great Bard himself. Here's to you, Bill Shakspeare. But be aware, too much is no good. As Shakespeare said himself, in Macbeth, "It provokes the desire but it take away the performance."

#2 - Newcastle Brown Ale. I raise my cup to thee. I love this beer. A favorite of mine to go along with a glass of cold scotch. A great chaser. Strong flavor, full-bodied, aromatic. It is also one of the longest lasting and most successful breweries in England, making it a staple and a classic.

and last, but not least.... #1 - Guinness. By Far Guinness is the best beer EVER created my man, or God, or Man-God, or anything else. This is the beer, in my opinion, that all others are judged by and should pay homage to. It's place so sacred in my heart, that I intend to make a pilgrimage to St. James Gate, Dublin just to worship and be blissful. It is a shrine of all that is good in beer. I wonder, could I baptize my first born in its goodness???

0 comments: