THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Who would win in a fight between T-Rex and Darth Vader???

Monday, February 9, 2009

The Melancholy Ballad of A-Roids

Err... I mean A-Rod.

I can't stand this crap. I don't know what to think.
As much as I don't like A-Rod, I still, for whatever reason, had hope that A-Rod was going to come out clean in the end, whether he breaks all the records or not. He is the enemy, don't get me wrong, I can't stand anyone who plays for the Yankees... but at the same time, I will adamantly and openly admit that he is (well... was) a great, great baseball player. Now, I can't even say that, knowing that he is going to be lumped into that same category of former baseball heroes of mine (Bonds, Clemmens, Canseco, McGwire, et al...)

It was interesting... I was reading the Sunday Patriot News yesterday, and in the sports section they had a list of the top 15 career homerun hitters in MLB. One-third of that list has now been linked to using HGH and/or steroids to help them achieve that elite status. A list, by the way, in which A-Rod is only 11 homers away from passing another Yankees great, Reggie Jackson. Who knows, A-Rod always gets off to a hot start, he probably could pass Reggie by the beggining of May. IT doesn't matter when he passes Reggie now, he will be shamed and booed beyond beleif. Good luck, New York. This is just more fuel for the fire, more reason for the Red Sox to crush the Yankees this year. I hope it happens in glorious fashion. Bring it on, A-Rod, you've lost what little respect we Red Sox fans did have for you.

The top 15 Hitters (* = cheaters)

1 Barry Bonds 762 *
2 Hank Aaron 755
3 Babe Ruth 714
4 Willie Mays 660
5 Ken Griffey, Jr.
611
6 Sammy Sosa 609 *
7 Frank Robinson 586
8 Mark McGwire 583 *
9 Harmon Killebrew 573
10 Rafael Palmeiro 569 *
11 Reggie Jackson 563
12 Alex Rodriguez
553 *
13 Mike Schmidt 548
14 Jim Thome
541
15 Mickey Mantle 536

0 comments: